TV Roundup – June 12, 2012
I’m posting this a day late, but I didn’t do a whole lot of TV watching last week. In fact, I’m not entirely sure what I did now that I think back on it. Anyway, the only thing I did watch was the season 5 premiere of True Blood…
- Steve Noolin is now a vampire
- Sookie rejected both Bill and Eric
- Jesus was killed while LaFeyette was possessed by a spirit
- Someone dug up Russell Edgington
- Debbie came by to kill Suckie (I don’t remember why) and ended up shooting Tara instead
- Suckie then shot Debbie as a revenge kind of thing
- Jason thinks he’s in love with Jessica
- Bill and Eric killed Nan, the representative for the Authority, who was going to kill them
This is a lot of stuff to resolve, and this is only the major stuff. There are smaller plots related to Sam, Alcide, Arlene, Terry, Andy, and Holly. I’m not going to talk about those cuz I don’t fully remember everything and some of them bored me. So the resolution of these major points is:
- Steve Noolin (is that even how you spell his name?) is apparently gay. Not a shock. And he’s in love with Jason. Which is also not a shock.
- Bill and Eric can tell that Suckie is in trouble. Bill wants to help her, Eric makes me laugh for five minutes by saying “F*#@ Sookie!” I loved it.
- LaFeyette is having a hard time dealing with Jesus being dead, and is even more upset when he discovers that Jesus’ body is now missing.
- Russell is now somewhere…there are hints as to where he is, but he’s being held somewhere and we don’t know by who. Alcide tells this to Suckie.
- We presume Tara is dead, but Pam comes by looking for Eric and LaLa convinces her, with Suckie’s help, to turn Tara into a vampire. It doesn’t look good in the previews of the rest of the season. Keep in mind that Tara hates vampires.
- Alcide offers to protect Suckie and get her out of her house because of Russell, but Suckie says no because of Debbie. And she’s about to tell Alcide, but LaFeyette stops her. I wish she had asked Alcide to take his shirt off before he came in the house.
- Jessica wants to screw a lot of people. Jason isn’t exactly okay with that. He pretends to be. But, Jason is in love five times every season, so I’m sure he’ll get over this soon enough.
- The Authority come for Bill and Eric, but they escape, only to be captured again later in the episode. This looks to be another season where the two of them are off doing other stuff while Suckie is stuck looking for them. And really, it better be more interesting than last time, cuz I don’t really care for this love triangle.
On the whole, it wasn’t a bad season premiere. The previews for the rest of the season look somewhat interesting, although I say that every season and then I end up being wrong. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that this time they didn’t put all the good stuff in a preview.